Monday, September 16, 2013

What a Difference a Clay Makes

I had a friend over for a Clay- Date today. It was not only fun but eye-opening. I was helping her with a "scayning" (sculpture plus caning) project so we were using her cane, not mine.  Right away I noticed the slices lacked flexibility. When I tried to bend the flowers and form the flat leaf shapes into curved foliage the clay broke off at the pinch points and/or cracked. I knew the clay had been thoroughly conditioned already because it was Skinner blended.  So why was I spending more time repairing than creating? Then it hit me.

She had not used PREMO Clay.

I've been sold on Polyform products for years; but it wasn't until today that I realized I could not create the pieces I want to make without my Premo clay.

Who knew what a difference a clay makes?!

No comments:

Post a Comment