Monday, August 26, 2013

The Good, The Bad and the ArtFair

   Howdy Partners. I've got to say I have mixed feelings about my date with destiny out at the OK Corral next week. No, its not a duel to the death - its an ArtFair.

Whyyyyy, I ask, are these events so uncomfortable? I'm not shy. I love to meet new people. I've worked hard and made nice things to sell. My table looks pretty. Well, here's why: Because you never know if anyone will show up, if anyone will stop at your boothif anything will sell, if if if!
 
So I guess its the "ifs"..

Yeah yeah yeah I know selling and making money is not the reason any of us make our art. Its just that art does cost lots of money and lots of time; and after all that effort and expense you may or may not reach even one art lover who will toss you that wonderful bone. The bone that says'  "Good Job!".

So I venture forth to my last ArtFair. I'll shine up my best pieces (the ones that didn't sell that time when all those "art lovers" walked right past my tent with their fried Twinkies and Walking Tacos.)  I'll trudge ever onward and upward,  powered by the hope that the show gods will smile upon me and I'll sell out as I actually have done several times when I least expected it.

Maybe this will be my best ArtFair EVER...if...

No comments:

Post a Comment