Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Marriage Bowl

 
This is a commissioned piece made for a 35th wedding anniversary.

Something about that concept just warms the cockles of old Pandora's black little heart.

When someone asks me to make a gift for someone they love, I feel joyful; but when that person gives said gift  to their loved one and the loved one is thrilled, I'm elated.

And, my friends, joy, thrills and elation are nothing to take for granted.

I'm elated because we live in a disposable world, where things are used and forgotten or thrown away. Do you remember five presents you received last Christmas? Not many of us do.

The couple who received this bowl have discovered value in marriage, value in commitment, value in each other. They know permanence. A sense of things that last.

This is just a bowl (polyclay over glass); but it was a gift given in love and it marks the day two people made a promise they have kept.

And promises are not disposable.

No comments:

Post a Comment